* Update: According to the decision of 01 November 2018 on Turkish Offical Gazette, new digital era is began for title deed in Turkey. Due to by using QR code, you can reach all information of property. (Read our the new title deed news in here.)
A Tapu is an official registry document to prove you own a property. Translated it means title deeds, and in this article, we will explain what terminology is used on a Tapu. The Land Registry and Cadastre Directorate of Turkey issues, lodges and archives Turkish tapus.
To prove the legality of the document, there should be a stamp in the center at the bottom. In most cases, the owner's photograph is also suffixed and sealed to the top-right of the Tapu, but this isn’t obligatory. More than one person’s name can appear on the title deeds, in which case the respective shares will be shown.
Turkish Tapu Explained: Meanings of Terms Used
Taşınmaz bilgileri/Property Information: Information about address of the property
• İl: City
• İlçe: Town
• Mahalle/Köy: District/Village
• Ada: Block number
• Parsel: Parcel number
• Yüz Ölçümü: Size of the land area
• Niteliği: Feature (whether it is vacant, cultivated or land with buildings)
Bağımsız Bölüm/Independent Section: Information about the independent unit such as a apartment, house, etc.
• Arsa Payı: Land share
• Proje Alanı: Project squaremeters
• Blok/Giriş/Kat No: Block/Entrance/Floor numbers
• Bağımsız Bölüm No: Structural statuses like if it is an independent flat, house, or duplex unit number
• Cilt/Sayfa No: Number of volume/page
Malik bilgileri/Owner Information: Information about owners of the property
• Adı/Soyadı - Baba Adı: Name(s) of current owner(s) and his/her father
• Hissesi: Share
Tescile ilişkin bilgiler/Registration information: Information about location, price and type of property
• Taşınmaz Tip/No: Type and number of property
• Edinme Sebebi: Reason for purchase
• İşlem Bedeli: Purchase price
• Konum Bilgisi: Adress information (QR Code)
• Tescil Tarihi/Yevmiye No: Registration date
You might also like to read about expenses when buying property in Turkey, so you know exactly what will need to be paid and when.